Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Local Challenge: #1

I know this is only about a week late. I have a good excuse... except, I don't. My sister in law came for a lovely visit, and I've got a serious case of Lazy Bones.

So, here we go-ooooooo!

LOCAL COFFEE SHOP:
The Blue Heron Coffeehouse
Winona, MN
Full disclosure, I work here. Nonetheless, it's super great.



We have a 6 ft (or so) wooden fish. The Fish was handmade by a local artist. It's a really bright and colorful space, with amazing food. The coffee is Fair Trade, organic, and roasted in Minnesota. The food is So. Good. The menu changes with whatever fresh, local ingredients are available. It's pretty great. No joke.








(xichuan noodles & heirloom tomato caprese)

I forgot to photograph my lunch before I started eating... and I forgot to photograph my beverage of choice. That day, it was 90-something degrees, so I had a Plum Lemonade. House-made, by the way. Local plums. It is the epitome of refreshment, and the loveliest rose color.
Om nom nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment