Thursday, December 10, 2009
However, we are fully supplied with cocoa, soup and Christmas music. Let the snowing continue! Being snowed in with the love of one's life is pretty great.
After a few false starts and lots of pep talks from B, my Etsy store is ready to open! Lovely things are made, photos are taken and *even before I've opened* I have 10 custom orders!
Check me out on etsy!
Coming up for my store in 2010:
-handmade hair accessories
-some super duper gorgeous vintage items
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Thursday, September 3, 2009
We are Americans. We consider ourselves one of, in not the most, developed nation on the planet. We are as much a nation as we are an idea. We should be ashamed if just one man, woman or child dies from lack of adequate care within our borders. We should be ashamed that an illness that we are able to treat, an injury we can heal, claims any life. That you would declare one person more deserving of health than another speaks to an evil, a disease of the soul, that should be addressed. It is unacceptable and unjust.
If someone is ill, and we are able to cure, heal, help or comfort them, we should. We should want to. Medical professionals should not be in the healing arts for money. They should do their job because it is their calling, because it is their life’s work.
For the elderly, the chronically ill, the poor, the young, and all other uninsured Americans, we need to change. And soon.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Saturday, August 22, 2009
- 2 zucchini
- 2 yellow squash
- about two pounds of patty pan and other squashes
- a japanese zucchini
- 3 small heirloom eggplants
- a pint of blackberries
- a large bundle of basil
- a pint of heirloom grape-sized tomatoes
- a pound of heirloom tomatoes
- half a pound of spinach
- half a pound of green beans
I rounded out my groceries with some cereal, yogurt, bulk almond dish soap, crackers, bananas, bulk vegetable farfalle, and bulk hummus mix. I did all our shopping for less than fifty bucks! And we will be good for at least a week... until the next Farmers' Market!
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Monday, July 27, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
- Do not refinish the kitchen table on the off-chance we give it back to Caroline in the next two years.
- Reupholster the wingback chair when in MN, because I haven't found a fabric I like enough...yet. It really all depends on where we decide to put the chair.
- Refinish the coffee table/side table.
- Use slipcovers on the orange chair for now... see No. 2.
- Paint the Rose Lamp.
- Uncle Sean's steamer trunk upcycle is now in progress.
7. Wedding stuff chugs along nicely.
8. The sewing table is mine!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
2. Refinish the coffee table/end table Caroline's grandfather made. I think there used to be a drawer underneath, so we might try and fix that too.
3. Reupholster the wingback chair. Must be done. Slipcovers not an option.
4. Reupholster the 2 orange armchairs. Must be done. Could possibly use slipcovers.
5. Paint the Rose lamp Gramma gave me. It's my favorite. Ever.
6. Attempt to fix Uncle Sean's steamer trunk he used as a coffee table.
7. Obviously, wedding stuff.
8. Talk Gramma into giving me the sewing table in my bedroom.
Monday, May 18, 2009
-currently lives in Cleveland.
-is currently unemployed.
-is using this time creatively.
-has decided it is a wonderful opportunity to spend time with family and friends before she moves.
-is a feminist, activist and advocate.
-loves being crafty.
-is handcrafting many elements of their upcoming wedding in rejection of the Wedding Industrial Complex.
-is excited to move to Minnesota and start life with Him in earnest.
-is not ashamed to admit she likes cartoons, X-Men, Bruce Campbell, bad vampire movies, bad action movies and environmental documentaries.
-also loves cupcakes, Elvis, mariachi music, being vegetarian, social issues, reading, and writing.
-really, really loves Him.
-has been living in Minnesota for nearly a year.
-moved to Minnesota for work, without knowing a soul.
-is currently working on his graduate degree.
-is clearly very brave.
-is creative and loves to make music.
-can't wait for Her to get here.
-likes bad action movies, comedies, Venture Brothers and Boondocks.
-is an activist, and is especially interested in diversity and class issues.
-has a passion for music.
-is a very good cook.
-also loves good smelling soap, reading, brewing beer and taking walks.
-really, really loves Her.